Film Review #2

Hey guys!

It's been a long time since I decided I would also feature some film reviews on my little corner of the internet but here it is, finally, número dos!

The film I want to tell you about today is called Samba (Original title: Samba) starring Omar Sy (especially known for his role Driss in the film The Intouchables (Original title: Intouchables), which I will do another review about soon) and the award-winning French-British actress Charlotte Gainsbourg. 


What I like the most about this film is the present-day problems of society which are not too frequently represented in films for the big screen and the incredible authenticity of the leading actors' performances of their characters. I guess, mental illnesses and illegal immigration are not at the very top of filmmakers topic choice lists at the moment and in general because they are delicate and do not have the most funny or 'feel-good' character which most people would enjoy. Nevertheless, I think this makes them so important to incorporate them into films to make people aware and make them think about them more. Also - and I don't want to give too much away from the actual plot here - there are funny and romantic parts in the film as well which play a big role and make the characters more relatable and the film more enjoyable for the audience despite its serious overall subject. 

Here I have the international trailer to give you a broad insight into the film (and to make you want to watch it!):

Have you seen this film? What do you think of it and which others would you recommend seeing?

Comments